Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to YOU!

 Thank you Charlevoix for a wonderful, much needed, relaxing weekend away! My husband and I always look for an excuse to celebrate and make time for a getaway.  This time however, the special occasion was his 24th birthday! I love everything about birthdays, especially when I get to celebrate my wonderful husband! This is the view from our room at The Edgewater Inn.  We requested to be on the bottom level which gave us outdoor access and this great view of the drawbridge and downtown.  Not to mention it is also more affordable to request the lower level here. I'm always looking for a bargain and this was ideal!! While you can't see it in my picture there is a nice walkway leading to the bridge into downtown, below the bridge which leads to the quiet peir, or to the left is the indoor/outdoor pool at the hotel.  We also really enjoyed the Sauna and hot tub you have access too!  At this particular hotel because they are condominiums all of the rooms vary. The decor in our room was quite nuetral & simple but you never quite can know what to expect.



Even though we missed the sunset, isn't it still beautiful!!?

Our last day in Charlevoix and you can see the colors are still beautiful even a little after their peak.  And the clouds are gorgeous! I'm not much of a photographer but I love to capture memories because I have a terrible memory.  This blog also helps me remember all these special, unique places and I'm so glad I can share them with you!  Treat yourself to a memorable getaway for a Happy Birthday to YOU!

After eating here over a year ago my husband continued to rave and crave it.  So I was very relieved to revisit and satisfy his hunger for this particular French cafe!! It is truly the coziest atmosphere with delicious French food and pastries.  Patisserie Amie & Chez Perez are within the same building here but one is the small restaurant while the other side presents their lovely pastries.  It is located near downtown Traverse City.  We first went wine tasting on the Old Mission Peninsula, then stopped here for an early dinner before driving to Charlevoix for the night! 

I have so many pictures I would like to share with you on our adventures but these were a few of our highlights! The beautiful Chalevoix location with the peir and drawbridge, the fall colors, wine tasting and French food.  It just doesn't get much better!! I LOVE fall!  & my husband of course, Happy Birthday Love!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney! I just came across a link to your blog on Pure Michigan (which I absolutely love!) and I think it's a great idea. My boyfriend and I also love to travel. We've been on a few really great trips together, always in Michigan. I have to agree that we're very lucky to live in a state that has so much to offer. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your blog, and to find out where you two are going next! Oh and happy belated birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha! Thank you so much, I really appreciate your comment. It's fun that we share the same love for Michigan : ) Let me know of any fun destinations you and your boyfriend have discovered in your travels too, I love sharing ideas! My husband and I will be heading to Frankenmuth soon to get in the Christmas spirit!!

    ReplyDelete